Is your child passionate about soccer? Would they like to play in a more competitive environment and further develop their soccer skills? If so, then one of our premier teams, the Spruce Grove Saints, could be for them!
Saints teams generally start practicing a few weeks earlier than the community teams and, depending on the team, age group, and their standing at the end of regular season, their season could last 4-6 weeks longer. Because Saints is a competitive program, most teams play in 1 or more tournaments. There may be costs (in addition to registration fees) that are associated with additional tournaments and/or training, all of which will depend on a number of factors and ultimately specific information for a team will be decided/shared by the coach of each individual team.
- Saints teams are formed on the basis of tryouts – not all who try out are guaranteed a spot on a team.
- Saints teams may play in any of Tiers 1, 2 or 3 in their age group. Some divisions have the opportunity to play either Boarded or Non Boarded soccer.
We are excited to share the details for our Saints tryouts.
PLEASE READ THE BELOW INFORMATION IN ITS ENTIRETY.
Date: April 10, 2021
Location: Fuhr Sports Park, 9 Tri Leisure Way, Spruce Grove
- All Attendees Must Have Been Registered With SGSA By April 6th
- You Must Complete The COVID Pre Screen Survey That Will Be Sent To You By Email By 9pm Friday Evening
- You May Only Arrive 15 Minutes Maximum Prior To The Start Of Your Session (You Will Be Asked To Leave And Return At The Proper Time If Showing Up Earlier)
- Players Must Arrive Ready To Play (No Change Rooms Available On Site)
- Players Will Check In And Enter At The North East Access Gates
- Physical Distancing Of 2 Meters Must Be Kept At All Times
- Masks Are Encouraged For Players Outside Of The Field Of Play And Are Required To Enter The Washroom Facilities. Masks Are Not Required By Players While On The Field Of Play But Physical Distancing Must Be Adhered To.
- All Volunteers And Coaches Are Required To Be Masked
- $20.00 Try Out Fee Is Due At Check In, Cash Is Preferred to Expedite The Check In (No ATM Available On Site) Debit And Credit Will Be Accepted If Necessary
- No Spectators Are Allowed In The Facility
- Player Will Exit The Facility At The South East Access Gates Adjacent To The Boarder Paving Athletic Center
Tryouts Are Being Held In Compliance With The Alberta Soccer Association 8 And 2 Youth Training Guidelines Which Can Be Found Here