Have a little extra time? Love the game of soccer? Interested in getting involved?
Without volunteers, we wouldn’t be able to provide such a great program for your child. Thank you to all our volunteers for getting involved and making the difference.
SGSA Executive Positions Available
We believe in inclusive programming where athletes are engaged, having fun as well as developing their soccer skills. To provide such programming takes organization and planning behind the scenes by a diverse group of dedicated people.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to contribute their unique skills to our Board of Directors team, as we work to further the excellence of our program. If you are 18+ years of age and want to expand your skills or offer your experience to our team, we would love to hear from you.
Are you interested in joining our Executive Board of Directors? Not sure its a fit for you? check out some of the benefits of being on a Board of Directors.
Benefits of becoming a Director of our non-profit Organization:
- A chance to make a difference in your community
- Increased networking opportunities
- Gain experiential opportunities (planning, marketing, communication, etc)
- A boost in public profile (website profile, service note on a resume, etc.)
- learn/practice diplomacy, communication and negotiation skills
- Be part of a great group of people helping develop future leaders
- Compensation of fees for one player
- Executive Board apparel
We currently require volunteers for the following Executive Positions:
The Adolescent Director is responsible for forming and overseeing all U13 to U19 Community teams. He/she will provide support to other Executive members, coaches, parents, and player’s when required. The Adolescent Director is a voting position.
Sponsorship and Fundraising Director:
The Sponsorship and Fundraising Director is responsible for finding and securing donations and sponsorships for all SGSA events and as required by the Association. The Sponsorship and Fundraising Director is a voting position.
Please contact the office,
If you’d like more information about a position or you want to apply to join our wonderful Executive team. You can also review our Bylaws for some of the general requirement of a member of the executive and information on how we operate.
Volunteer Commitment Opportunities
Find out more about opportunities for coaches, managers, and officials by contacting our office or the appropriate age group director.
Volunteers are also needed for the many tournaments put on by EMSA and our zone throughout the season. For example, the Moon Day Tournament and the Indoor Early Bird Tournament require hosts, field marshals, and many other helpers. Call our office at 780-962-5111 and find out how you can get involved.
For more information contact our office at 780-962-5111 or email email@example.com
Typically we try to schedule volunteers to work four (4) hour shifts. Thank you kindly for taking the time to get involved with EMSA Spruce Grove.
- Field Marshall: You will work together with tournament headquarters, you are the eyes and ears for them at the fields. Your two main responsibilities are to be at the field 15 minutes early and make sure the assigned referees are at the field and collect the game sheets at the end of the game. Detailed instructions will be given to you by tournament headquarters.
- Medal Presenter: During the medal round, together with tournament chairperson or Zone Representative, you will award the medals to the players. Detailed instructions will be given to you by tournament headquarters.
- Concession/BBQ: During tournaments and special events, volunteers will be required to prepare, sell or serve food at the concession. Volunteers will also be required to set up and take down the concession tent or other facilities. A volunteer with a mini-van or truck is required as a pickup person, the volunteer would be responsible to pick up food/beverage order or supplies for the concession.
- Selling 50/50 Tickets: Volunteers will be responsible to walk around the grounds and sell 50/50 tickets or raffle tickets.
You may contact our Volunteer Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.