THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SPRUCE GROVE SOCCER!
For our soccer seasons, players participate in a skills assessment to help place them on teams suited for their abilities. We want to encourage skill development and comradery with teammates which we believe is best done when each player has an opportunity for equal contribution to the team.
Outdoor 2021 Tryouts & Evaluations
*****Please note for the Outdoor 2021 season Community Evaluations will not be held*****
We are excited to share the details for our Saints tryouts.
PLEASE READ THE BELOW INFORMATION IN ITS ENTIRETY.
Date: April 10, 2021
Location: Fuhr Sports Park, 9 Tri Leisure Way, Spruce Grove
- All Attendees Must Have Been Registered With SGSA By April 6th
- You Must Complete The COVID Pre Screen Survey That Will Be Sent To You By Email By 9pm Friday Evening
- You May Only Arrive 15 Minutes Maximum Prior To The Start Of Your Session (You Will Be Asked To Leave And Return At The Proper Time If Showing Up Earlier)
- Players Must Arrive Ready To Play (No Change Rooms Available On Site)
- Players Will Check In And Enter At The North East Access Gates
- Physical Distancing Of 2 Meters Must Be Kept At All Times
- Masks Are Encouraged For Players Outside Of The Field Of Play And Are Required To Enter The Washroom Facilities. Masks Are Not Required By Players While On The Field Of Play But Physical Distancing Must Be Adhered To.
- All Volunteers And Coaches Are Required To Be Masked
- $20.00 Try Out Fee Is Due At Check In, Cash Is Preferred to Expedite The Check In (No ATM Available On Site) Debit And Credit Will Be Accepted If Necessary
- No Spectators Are Allowed In The Facility
- Player Will Exit The Facility At The South East Access Gates Adjacent To The Boarder Paving Athletic Center
Tryouts Are Being Held In Compliance With The Alberta Soccer Association 8 And 2 Youth Training Guidelines Which Can Be Found Here
Online registration is open from March 15th to April 15th at www.emsasoccerportal.com
IMPORTANT note about health restrictions: The Outdoor 2021 season is subject to change as the local health restrictions are decreased or increased.
Days of Play and Fees for Outdoor 2021
***All Game Days Listed Are Tentative***
U9-U19 Practice to be determined by Coaches
|Age Group||Year of Birth||Fees||
Tentative Game Days (Days subject to change)
|U5||2016||$175||Monday & Wednesday|
|U7||2014/2015||$190||Tuesday & Thursday|
|U9||2012/2013||$245||Monday & Wednesday|
|U11||2010/2011||$260||Monday & Wednesday (Possible Fridays)|
|U13||2008/2009||$320||Tuesday & Thursday (Possible Sundays)|
|U15||2006/2007||$330||Monday & Wednesday (Possible Tuesdays or Thursdays)|
|U17||2004/2005||$340||Sunday & Thursday (Possible Wednesdays)|
|U19||2002/2003||$340||Sunday & Tuesday (Possible Thursdays)|
SAINTS PROGRAMS (PREMIER) – click for more information
*GESL fees are approximate and will be determined closer to season start
|Age Group||Year of Birth||Fees||Tentative Playing Days
|U9 Premier Mini||2013/2012||$335||Monday||Wednesday|
|U11 Tier 1||2011/2010||$375||Tuesday||Sunday|
|U11 Tier 2||2011/2010||$375||Wednesday||Sunday|
|U11 Tier 3||2011/2010||$375||Thursday||Sunday|
|U13 Tier 1||2009/2008||$395||Monday||Friday|
|U13 Tier 2||2009/2008||$395||Tuesday||Friday|
|U13 Tier 3||2009/2008||$395||Wednesday||Sunday|
|U15 Tier 1 (GESL)||2007/2006||$545*||Wednesday||Saturday or Sunday|
|U15 Tier 2||2007/2006||$420||Thursday||Sunday|
|U15 Tier 3||2007/2006||$420||Monday||Friday|
|U17 Tier 1 (GESL)||2005/2004||$545*||Tuesday||Saturday or Sunday|
|U17 Tier 2||2005/2004||$420||Thursday||Saturday or Sunday|
|U17 Tier 3||2005/2004||$420||Tuesday||Friday|
|U19 Tier 2||2003/2002||$360||Tuesday||Sunday|
|U19 Tier 3||2003/2002||$360||Monday||Friday|
|Men’s and Ladies Competitive||19 – 34||TBD||TBD|
|Ladies Classics||35 – 99||TBD||TBD|
Runners or outdoor soccer shoes, shin pads, and a water bottle. U4 to U19 community players are supplied with socks, shorts and a jersey to keep. These will be handed out to all players by the coach at the first practice
SGSA is a volunteer-run organization, parent volunteers are required to make the program a success.
There are a variety of volunteer options available – You MUST choose one method of fulfilling your volunteer duties. Volunteer commitments are 1 per FAMILY!
Option 1: You can sign up for a specific volunteer activity (ex. coaching a team or helping at one of the outdoor events such as the tryouts). If you choose this option a $200.00 Volunteer Deposit Cheque, cash, etransfer or Credit Card Authorization is due at the time of registration, as well as committing to the specific event. If you do not fulfill your commitment your Deposit will be charged, cashed or kept.
Option 2: You can pay a $50.00 decline to volunteer fee.
Chocolates are not available this season.
Teams are coached by parent/sibling volunteers.
If you are interested in coaching but have not played soccer – no problem!
No experience is necessary. All we need is a willing volunteer who wants to learn how to encourage and teach our players the skills necessary. SGSA will provide the information regarding available coaching courses and will reimburse you for the cost of course registrations.